Pangea Nutrition, Inc. (hereinafter “Pangea Nutrition”) is committed to protecting your privacy and utilizing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Pangea Nutrition website and governs data collection and usage. By using the Pangea Nutrition website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
(Last Updated: December 29, 2017)
Please also visit the Pangea Nutrition Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) that explain other terms governing the use of our Site and associated Pangea Nutrition Offerings. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Terms and Conditions.
Thank you for accessing the PangeaNutrition.com website (the “Site”). The Site is an Internet property of Pangea Nutrition (“Pangea Nutrition,” “we,” “our” or “us”). At Pangea Nutrition, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. No terms contained herein may be used without the express written authority of Pangea Nutrition.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). LinkedIn® is a registered trademark of LinkedIn Corporation (“LinkedIn”). Pinterest® is a registered trademark of Pinterest, Inc. (“Pinterest”). Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”). YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. (“Google”). Please be advised that Pangea Nutrition is not in any way affiliated with Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Pinterest or Twitter, and the Pangea Nutrition Offerings are not endorsed, administered or sponsored by any of those parties.
We are not responsible for the content on, or privacy practices of, any non-Pangea Nutrition.com web site to which this Site links or that links to this Site.
I. INFORMATION COLLECTION
Pangea Nutrition, and any third parties acting under Pangea Nutrition’s authorization, will not collect any personal information about you except that which is specifically and knowingly provided by you. Examples of such information are name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, credit card information and customer preferences data. Examples of ways in which we may collect such information from you include the following:
A. Personally Identifying Information
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site, registering to enter one of the Promotions and/or ordering products, you must complete a registration form. When registering, you will be prompted to provide certain personal information, depending on the applicable registration form, including, but not limited to, your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address and credit card number (including security code and expiration date). In addition, you may also be asked to provide your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations, and for your gender. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to verify entry into a Promotion, to ship any prizes won in connection with the applicable Promotion, to communicate with you about your order and this Site, and for internal data modeling and marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you.
- Email Addresses. Some areas of the Site allow you to enter your email address for purposes including, but not limited to: registering for a particular service or activity, registering to enter a Promotion or opening a Pangea Nutrition account. If you choose not to provide your email address when prompted, you may not be able to engage in some or all of those activities.
- Data-Append Services. Pangea Nutrition may work with one or more data-modeling and/or data–append services, which allow Pangea Nutrition to learn more about you from other websites, based on the information you have permitted Pangea Nutrition to gather directly (including your email address).
B. Non-Personally Identifying Information
- Log information. When you access the Pangea Nutrition Site our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This log information is not linked to personal information unless you are an active customer, or have otherwise provided such information to us. Third parties may also use tracking technologies such as web beacons, images, scripts and cookies to track information in the aggregate on our Site for analytics purposes. Pangea Nutrition does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, see www.aboutads.info/consumers, and to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, go to www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Cookies.Pangea Nutrition’s website uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. Like most other websites, Pangea Nutrition uses cookie technology throughout this Site. A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, tracking of orders and shopping cart items. Pangea Nutrition uses both session and persistent cookies on this Site; session cookies expire at the end of a particular visit to our Site, while persistent cookies (also called stored cookies) remain active until you disable them through your browser settings, or until a pre-set expiration date. Unfortunately, customers who turn off cookies in their browser settings may not be able to shop from this Site. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
II. INFORMATION USE
We do not sell or rent information about our customers and all information provided to Pangea Nutrition remains absolutely confidential, except that:
- We may share aggregate or summary information regarding our customers with partners, advertisers or other third parties. This data will never identify you personally;
- We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment company, delivery company or web host) or that help us market our products and services. This information may also be shared with marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use any personal information we share with them about you for any other purpose;
- We (including, for all purposes hereof, any third parties that provide support services to Pangea Nutrition in connection with the Pangea Nutrition Offerings, such as printers, mailing houses, fulfillment companies, delivery services or web hosts) will use your personal information, such as the telephone number and email address that you provide to Pangea Nutrition, to communicate with you about your subscription, orders and deliveries of the Pangea Nutrition Offerings. We may contact you following your initial order and from time to time thereafter by telephone regarding your subscription, orders and deliveries of the Pangea Nutrition Offerings. We may contact you from time to time by text message regarding delivery times and order status or other important information regarding your subscription, orders and deliveries of the Pangea Nutrition Offerings. If you submit your email address to open a Pangea Nutrition account, we use it to deliver the information to you. In addition, if you submit your email address or telephone number in connection with registering for a Promotion, we may use your email address or telephone number to communicate with you regarding your participation in the applicable Promotion.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city, and state of the winner of any online sweepstakes.
- We may share your personal information with other members of an information co-op, whereby data from each member is shared with all other members of the co-op.
- We may share your email address, or other information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your hobbies, personal interests, household income range, number of children, gender, demographic information, and product and service preferences, with third-party partners (including Facebook®) for purposes of their provision to us of services, and/or our collection of information from such sources, based on such information solely for use in connection with our internal data-modeling and/or marketing or similar activities. Such third-party partners are not authorized to use your email address for any other purpose.
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a company sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, the personal information and other information you provide to us or that we have gathered about you may be part of the transferred assets.
- We may publish your testimonials about Pangea Nutrition, including on our websites and blogs, and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and/or state).
- We may disclose information by order of Court. If we believe disclosure is necessary to protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure of Pangea Nutrition, our customers or others, we may disclose your information as required to law enforcement officials or fraud investigators. This includes identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users to your account. We use this information to process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
III. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Shopping on the Site is easy, secure and worry-free. We have taken several measures to guarantee that your order and your credit card information are safe and secure. Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology.
SSL is considered the industry standard and is among the leading software available to encrypt online transactions. Your personal information including your name, credit card number and address is encrypted so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the Internet. Regardless of these efforts, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, any information you transmit to us is sent at your own risk.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Pangea Nutrition account username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites. Please note that we will never ask for your Pangea Nutrition account username or password via email.
IV. NON-US INFORMATION
You agree that your information will be held by Pangea Nutrition in the United States and may also be held and accessed by Pangea Nutrition staff and third parties working for Pangea Nutrition globally. If your information is gathered outside the United States, you agree that it may be transferred to Pangea Nutrition’s United States offices to be used for these purposes, and it may be transferred to and shared with any of Pangea Nutrition’s worldwide locations.
V. OPT OUT POLICY AND PROCEDURES
If you do not wish to have your telephone number used by Pangea Nutrition for telephone communications, you may opt out of such telephone communications by emailing our Customer Support department at firstname.lastname@example.org using the email address associated with your Pangea Nutrition account. Please clearly label the subject line of the opt-out email “Opt-Out Telephone Communications,” and do not include any personal, credit card or other billing information in your opt-out email. Please indicate in the body of your opt-out email that you would like to opt out of telephone communications. To opt out of text message communications from Pangea Nutrition regarding the Pangea Nutrition Offerings, you may respond to any text from Pangea Nutrition with the word “STOP” to unsubscribe from such text message communications. After unsubscribing from text communications, you may receive one additional text confirming your unsubscription. Please do not reply to such confirmation text. If you do reply to such confirmation text, you will have effectively re-subscribed to text message communications from Pangea Nutrition.
You may manage your receipt of marketing, promotional and non-transactional email communications from Pangea Nutrition by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any Pangea Nutrition email.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you cannot opt-out of email or transactional communications related to your account, and we may continue to contact you for the purposes of communicating information relating to your request for Pangea Nutrition Offerings, your participation in a Promotion and to respond to inquiries made by you, as applicable, even if you have elected to opt-out of certain communications as provided above.
To opt-out of all communications from Pangea Nutrition you must cease utilizing the Pangea Nutrition Offerings, and other services related to the Pangea Nutrition Offerings.
If you are a California resident, you may request that we provide to you (i) a list of the categories of personal identifiable information about you that Pangea Nutrition has disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the calendar year preceding your request, (ii) the names and addresses of such third parties, and (iii) if the nature of the third parties’ business cannot reasonably be determined from their names, examples of the products or services marketed, if known to Pangea Nutrition, sufficient to give you a reasonable indication of the nature of the third parties’ business. To submit your request, please email email@example.com, with the subject line “California Privacy” and your request in the body of your email.
VI. OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
VII. POLICY CHANGES
VIII. QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may write to us at:
Attn: Legal Department
660 Washington Street, Suite 24o
Boston, Massachusetts 02111
IX. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please click here to view the Pangea Nutrition Website Terms and Conditions, which explain other terms and conditions governing our Site and associated Pangea Nutrition, Inc. Offerings.